I have a horrible memory since having a child – so this list would probably change day-to-day as other recent reads come to me. But, today – here they are (in no particular order):
1. The Help by Kathryn Stockett: Read it. NOW. Please don’t see the movie first. I hate it when people do that.
2. Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger: this was an excellent read and I was so sorry to see it end. Her second one was good too – Her Fearful Symmetry. But, it wasn’t as good as…
3. Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond: this one I’ve added specifically to make my sister and Hilary cringe. It’s a loooooovvvve story. It’s cheesy and cute. Ree Drummond is my personal hero and I am trying to change my husband into a cowboy. We need some cows.
4. The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill: graphic and depressing, but such a good story.
5. The Cellist of Sarajevo by Steven Galloway: also depressing but an amazing story.
I’ve come a long way from reading only Emily Giffin books. I said only. I still read them.
Yeah, I don’t have much to say about them other than they are really good (like my cooking). I read good books and I make good food. Who wouldn’t want to be my friend? I KNOW!