I’ve mentioned a few times that I have a set ‘Dinner Meal Plan’ for the work week. People make fun of me, but – well, I don’t care. Things can get busy around our house and it helps to have an idea of what’s happening. It works for us – here are the advantages:
- I have a plan and I make one trip to the grocery store trip per week – I believe this saves us money
- C can start dinner if he beats me home
- We eat healthier than we would if we didn’t have a plan
- I spend the afternoon at work dreaming about what I’m going to be eating for dinner
When I am coming up with my plan I refer to a couple of running lists that I have made: my ‘Go To’ list and my list of ‘Recipes I’d Like to Try’. I make it my goal to try at least one new recipe per week, but that doesn’t always happen.
I just want to say two things:
- I have never claimed to be a healthy eater. I’m really good during the day at work and at home I make what I know (hope) the boys will eat.
- I don’t make everything from scratch. I try to avoid over-processed foods, but sometimes convenience is more important.
What I’m actually saying is – don’t judge me.
YES, we are eating bacon two nights in a row.
Here’s what we’re having:
Monday Chicken Hash (chicken, veggie, bacon stir-fry, sort of)
Tuesday Leek, Bacon and Pea Risotto
Wednesday Black Bean and Veggie Quesadillas
Thursday Chicken Wraps
- I will post some of the recipes in the near future
- Chicken Wraps were introduced to me by my friend Megan and they are the BEST THING IN LIFE. These get a post all-their-own at some point in the future.